Thursday, February 14, 2008

One Night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster....

You have all probably heard the song, I don't need to finish the lyrics for you. But after visiting Bangkok and taking a journey down to the red light district, I completely understand where the lyrics come from now....
I saw many beautiful sites around the city -- the photo to the left is the Grand Palace and the elephant statue below is a beautiful marble statue just down the street from the Grand Palace.
I stumbled across the flower market in Bangkok, it was amazing. There were thousands of orchids in stacks all along the street, it was one of the most beautiful sites I have seen. They were so vibrant and fresh.

Rebecca and I visited the Sky Bar that evening; there were amazing views of Bangkok.

We continued on to explore the red light district...now that was quite the experience, you could say it was a 'once in a liftime' experience...meaning I don't think you will ever find me exploring the red light district of Bangkok anytime soon :-)













Then, there is the morning after....
Here I am just before our flight departed to Siem Reap, Cambodia....where the adventure really began.





No comments: