Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Visitor Down Under....

We had our first visitor back in April & it really doesn't feel like it was that long ago. It feels like it was just a month or so ago. It was absolutely wonderful having Tripti here & we loved showing her our new home and sharing a few of our favorite places with her. One of those is....Phamish! I think Phamish is Dale's favorite restaurant thus far in Sydney...it is a 'very' small family owned Vietnamese restaurant & there is usually a queue out the door when you arrive since they are only open ~6pm-10pm each night....so it is a very popular place and BYO (which happens to be one of my favorite parts!). We did many things around Sydney during Tripti's visit. We went out to dinner, attended our very first Flugtag event (basically where they drive objects that are supposed to fly off the end of a very big ramp), and introduced Tripti to a few of our Sydney friends.
First on the list were the bats! During the summer, we have them flying by our apartment window. It is pretty cool, but Dale tells me that I will think it is cool until one of them flys inside our apartment for a little visit. OK, he may have a point.....



Then I tried to find my little gecco buddy, he lived out on our patio all summer long...then he just vanished. I was really upset when he left, he was my little friend and he was always around hanging out on the patio when I got home. I think it was just too cold & he had to go and find another home for a few months during the fall and winter months & that he will come back once it gets warm again, but Dale says that someone stepped on him and he is not coming back to visit. He did looks just like a little twig if you weren't paying attention...I guess it could happen; but I am still hopeful he will come back this summer! ;-)


After our adventures around Sydney, we were off to New Zealand for a week. It was truly amazing in New Zealand and you can see a full update of photos & stories on our Shutterfly site. You will find a link to this site just at the top of our blog (top right - password is sunflower). Hope you enjoy! There were just too many photos to try and post separately on this page.









No comments: