Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hardgrove Update

Sorry it has been so long since our last update. Life in Sydney is going really well & we are working a lot & playing a lot too! We are trying to take as many weekend adventures as we can, but still save money for our upcoming visitors. We have our friend Molly coming in from Chicago in early October & Molly and I are heading to Tasmania for a week!! I cannot wait to see Molly and go and explore another state of this vast country. We are planning to rent a campervan and drive all around the glorious island...this shouldn't be too hard, as it only takes 3.5 hours to get from the very bottom to the top of the state ;-)

Dale is thinking of going on a week long hike in New Zealand while we are gone...he is still checking it out, but it sounds like it will be really neat. It would be with a hiking group and they would stay in little huts/cabins each night. We will keep you updated on both of these trips.

At Christmas we have my parents coming out to visit for a month. It is going to be wonderful to have my parents out and show them were we live, experience a summer beach BBQ style Christmas and spend some time exploring the South Island of New Zealand for a week.

We are sad to miss all that is happening with our family and friends back home....just a few updates from the US side of things. My little sis had her first little baby girl, Kaycee - born on June 11th. My sister also managed to get married and buy her first home while we have been away....I still tease her on all of these things happening in the first 9-months of me being away. I am so happy for her, but very sad that I have missed all of these wonderful 'firsts' in her life.


Kaycee - just 2 days old...she is just SO beautiful! I am so excited to be an auntie to another beautiful little niece. I can't wait to hold her and snuggle her!! I have met her through the webcam though, I hope that she will at least know how I am when we get back to the US.
Speaking of cute little nieces, my sweet niece Isela is growing up so quickly.

Playing at grandma and grandpa's house.

Isela wearing the little koala hat that I sent her....and loving on the little koala stuffed animal.

There are many more updates...and I promise to post more soon, but need to call it a night for now. I have spent many, many hours today updating our site (also updated our Shutterfly site a lot as well - link in the top right corner of this blog will take you there) - password is sunflower.

Love ~Mandi and Dale

No comments: